Groceries are an unavoidable expense each week. While the expense is unavoidable, you can do several things to reduce the amount that you spend during each trip. Here are a few ways to do just that.
- Write out a meal plan for the entire week that includes each meal and a few snacks.
- Based on that meal plan, build your grocery list.
- Never grocery shop when you are hungry. A hungry shopper tends to grab more impulse items.
- Comparison shop for every item. Buying name brand foods can add hundreds of dollars to your grocery bill each year.
- Never neglect coupons, but look to see if a bargain brand is cheaper even after the coupon offer from a name brand.
These tips will help you lower your grocery bill and avoid the need for Florida credit counseling. Additionally, if there is a dollar store in the area, shop there for spices, cooking oil, laundry detergent, and other sundries. Saving a few dollars on each trip adds up as long as you do not have to travel too far to achieve the savings.