Credit cards are a demon and a blessing all wrapped up in a small piece of plastic. Despite their potential of wrecking a budget, we all use them. Here are a few perks and benefits of using those cards that you may not be aware of.
- Several cards offer entertainment discounts and perks like presale tickets, preferred seating, and discounted tickets to theme parks.
- Extended warranties are offered by several card issuers. You will need to keep the original receipt and a copy of the manufacturers warranty.
- Visa is known for offering price protection. If you file a claim, you can be reimbursed the difference if an item goes on sale for less after you purchase it.
- Dispute resolution is a needed perk. Sometimes you can not resolve an issue with a vendor. Turn to your card issuer and let them handle it.
- Visa offers car rental insurance when you rent with your card. That can save you $20 per day.
- American Express offers up to four calls per year for roadside assistance. The perk is not as good as AAA, but getting a tow when you need it can be a lifesaver.
- MasterCard and American Express offer insurance against your hotel room being burglarized. Why let a robbery ruin your vacation?
You need to double check with your card issuer before assuming that you have any of these benefits. It may even be wise to shop around before applying for a specific card to make sure you get the perks and benefits that are most important to you. Just remember, all of these perks are incentives to utilizing your card – just don’t go overboard and rack up too much credit card debt, or you could find yourself in need of a Florida credit counselor to get out of debt.